Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Matte's Where It's At!

Trending this fall is the matte finish for nails. There are many colors that come in a matte finish. Among favorites are O.P.I. However, I have a ton of nail polishes and was not sure if I would like the matte finish, but if I ended up loving it, I wasn't going to buy every color in matte finish. SO, Sephora has a matte top coat that works on top of every color. I think it looks really nice on darker colors and the glitter colors. It ends up looking like satin paint. I have tried it on dark blue, dark purple, and deep red. All look great. Also, to make the nails POP, you can try added designs on top with regular nail polish. I had blue matte nails, and added clear polka dots.
(picture courtesy of shestayfabulous.com)

On another note, I really like the O.P.I. website. The site is interactive and has a Try On This Color tab. you can change nail lengths, skin shade, and try on any shade. Also, Nicki Minaj has a line of colors out. So step out of your nail box this season.

Mixdup

No comments:

Post a Comment