Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Traveling Makeup Counter

I just recently went on a trip with my husband for our anniversary. I wanted badly to pack everything my heart desired, but I'm trying this whole "pack light" thing. I find that it is also difficult to pack makeup, because I want to pack all my makeup. So here are just a few tips to pack light:

1. Look through your makeup and pick out the products that you notice you use on a daily basis. These are  
    your beauty staples. My staples include eye and face primer, my brush roll, black mascara, my Sephora liquid eyeliner, peach gloss, brown eyeshadow for my eyebrows, a brow highlight color (a pearlescent colored eyeshadow), and a neutral palette with bronzes, and golds.

2. Look at the outfits you are taking. Do you have mostly casual clothes? Some dressier nighttime outfits? Pack a set a day makeup and evening makeup. Most people use darker more dramatic colors for the evening and stay more neutral in the day. If this is you, then pack a couple of lipsticks that you would wear in the evening, perhaps your bolder colors. Also if you like the darker/ smoky eyes in the evening, add a couple of those colors to your makeup kit.

3. If you will be around water, make sure you pack your makeup with SPF and some waterproof eyeliner and mascara.

4. Finally, don't forget your cleanser and moisturizer. If you will be away from home in a different climate make sure you pack a couple of different moisturizers. In colder climates, you will want a heavier moisturizer and a lighter moisturizer with SPF for the warmer/sunnier climates.

Mixdup

No comments:

Post a Comment