Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The BIG CHOP (can't beleive it's gone)

I did something very drastic yesterday. Something very out of character for me, or so it seems. Guess my character is different than I thought. In March I decided to start growing my relaxed hair for more natural hair. It's been difficult. I've been wearing braids all summer and my hair has grown out a lot. I finally took the braids out and have been wearing it in the braid set, just loose and free, but I've been so tired of what it looks like after I wash it. The roots and soft and kinky, and the ends are long, stringy, and straight. So yesterday I went to my stylist and had her cut it all off. Yep, that's right. I did the big chop. I feel good about it. I feel free. I can go workout, I can walk in the rain, go swimming, drive my convertible with the top down. When I saw myself yesterday, I looked so different. I've had really short hair before, but it's always been relaxed. So this will be an adjustment. My husband thinks it's kind of sexy. I'm going to color it next week. Now, I'm on my way to growing out natural healthy hair. I will keep you updated.



Mixdup

No comments:

Post a Comment