Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dealing with the Big Chop

I am slowly getting used to the short kinky curly/coily 'fro. It is growing on me, and I am learning what products and routine work best for my hair. I have a different texture that I originally thought I had. But after relaxing my hair most of my life, what did I expect. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from it, and as I said before, I am happy about the change. I cannot wait until it starts growing out so I can start to style it different ways. I figure by next summer I will have a good amout to work with. It's a very easy style to work with right now. I can just wash/condition and go. I have been co-washing since I got it cut last Tuesday. Co-washing is a method of only washing the hair with a conditioner. Shampoo tends to strip the hair of natural oils and with the texture of hair I have, I cannot afford to lose any moisture. So I wash my hair with conditioner in the shower, apply a leave in conditioner, and coconut oil. It seems to work good leaving my hair soft and somewhat shiny and healthy. I initially decided to go natural becuase for about 6 years I have been dealing with Psoriasis, which is a skin condition that results in inflamed patches on the epidermis. I am lucky to only have it in my scalp, because some have it all over their skin. I knew the chemicals I was processing my hair with only made the condition worse. I got my last relaxer in February of this year and I have noticed an improvement. It isn't completely gone, but it has improved tremendously. I have especially noticed an improvement in the condition since I cut it and have been washing it more often. So I will keep you guys updated (all three of you, lol) on my natural journey.


Mixdup

2 comments: