Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Painting on a Matte Canvas

I discovered a new product this week that I just had to share with you all. I was perusing the MAC counter to see what I could add to my arsenal. I bought my favorite item that I must keep on hand at all times, M.A.C. Clear Lipglass. This makes your lips look shiny and wet, and it does not come off or evaporate easily. I love this stuff and have sworn by it for years. I have tried other clear glosses, but nothing comes close when it comes to shine or longevity. It looks great alone, with colored lip gloss or lipstick.
I also bought a tube of M.A.C.'s Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Full Speed and M.A.C.'s Lipglass in Lychee Luxe. I love pinky corals, and cannot help myself. They even look great together.


But let's get to the actual topic of discussion. I have combination skin with much of my oil along my T-Zone (the area of your face that includes the nose, bridge of nose, forehead and chin). It is a struggle to make it through the day without having to blot this area from all the shine that I have accumulated. The main purpose of my trip was to get M.A.C.'s Matte Cream. It feels like a primer, but as soon as I applied to to my nose, instantly I saw the shine disappear and replaced with a soft finish. This can be used under your makeup after your moisturizer. I can be used as a no-shine primer and gives you a great even canvas to paint on. You can also use it on top of your makeup. I wore it all day yesterday and did not have to wipe the oil off of my face. It's $19 for 25ML container (about the size of a large lip gloss tube) but it it worth it and a little goes a long way.
Matte

Mixdup

No comments:

Post a Comment