Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Free Makeup for Airport Security

A few years ago my husband and I (who was actually still my boyfriend) took a family trip to L.A. for his step sisters wedding. We flew out a day before both his parents and sister and her husband flew out. My plan was to do my makeup on the plane. I had my good makeup in a carry on case, and my not so great makeup in my suitcase. We were moving right along through security checkpoint and waited for about half an hour before we boarded the plane. Once we got on the plane and the cabin was secure, I decided to start on my makeup. I look through my purse. Then I look again. and again. and again. I asked my husband if he had seen my makeup. "Um, It was in your hand earlier. What did you do with it?" was his response. An alarm goes off in my head, a very loud tornado siren! It's saying Security, Security. This is how the conversation may have went:
me: Babe, I left my makeup at the security checkpoint (tears in my eyes)!
him: Are you sure? Maybe you left it in the seat at the gate.
me: No, I forgot it!
him: Did you leave it in the gift shop?
me: Maybe. I don't know. I've got to go get it (beads of sweat)!
him: They won't let you off the plane. I'll just buy you some more when we get to L.A.
me: BUY ME SOME MORE? YOU'RE JUST GONNA BUY ME OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF M.A.C. MAKEUP? JUST LIKE THAT? Do you know how long it took me to buy that amount of makeup and brushes? Some of that was limited edition stuff. It's irreplaceable (tears rolling).
him: You paid that much for makeup!
By the time we reached our layover in Phoenix, I was hyperventilating. I needed my arsenal. I called the airport gate and asked if they found it. No luck. I called the gift shop and asked if they found it. No luck. I called TSA and asked if they found it.
TSA: Is it a green plaid case with makeup inside?
me: YES, YES, YES! Please hold it for me.
My brilliant boyfriend reminds me that his parents are coming the next day and could pick it up and bring it with them. Genius! So I only had to go one night without the good stuff. My in laws met us the next morning with my cosmetics, and my life wasn't over. See, and you thought happy endings only happened in massage parlors Fairy Tales!

Mixdup

1 comment: