Makeup Maven-Feature

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How to Wear Pigs

Pigments (Pigs) are a material that changes the color of reflected or transmitted light. I love, love, love pigments. They can be used for so many things. I prefer MAC pigments and  I have put some in clear nail polish to make a fantabulous color, I've added them to ligloss, but most commonly I have worn them as eye shadow or eye liner. Let me break it down for you. There are two ways to wear pigments. The first way is the easiest way. Just knock a little onto your hand or a clean surface and let your brush do the work. The second way is my personal preference. I use MAC's mixing medium (I'm not sure if it available anymore,  if it is, it's a professional product not available to regular consumers) or MAC's Fix+ Spray. I usually spray my brush with the Fix+ spray and dip my brush into the pigment. The result is a highly pigmented color that does not crease and stays put all day. In addition, the color is much more brilliant than the dry option. I recommend you try this method if you have not tried it before.

Mixdup

No comments:

Post a Comment